Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
|Head of Division||Prof. Vincent WS Wong, Mok Hing Yiu Professor of Medicine|
|Academic Staff and Clinical Staff||Prof. Francis KL Chan, Professor of Medicine and Dean|
Prof. Siew-Chien Ng, Professor
Prof. Grace LH Wong, Professor
Prof. Justin CY Wu, Professor
Prof. Jun Yu, Professor
Prof. Louis HS Lau, Assistant Professor
Prof. Raymond SY Tang, Assistant Professor
Dr. Ivan SF Lau, Clinical Lecturer
Prof. Dennis CC Wong, Assistant Professor (non-clinical)
Prof. Terry CF Yip, Assistant Professor (non-clinical)
Prof. Lin Zhang, Assistant Professor (non-clinical)
Prof. Qiaoyi Liang, Research Associate Professor
Prof. Jennifer X Zhang, Research Assistant Professor
Prof. Jingwan Zhang, Research Assistant Professor
|Honorary Staff||Prof. Joseph JY Sung, Emeritus Professor|
Prof. Henry LY Chan, Clinical Professor (honorary)
Prof. Sunny H Wong, Clinical Associate Professor (honorary)
Prof. Joyce WY Mak, Clinical Assistant Professor (honorary)
Dr. Jessica YL Ching, Adjunct Assistant Professor
|Nursing Staff||Angel ML Chim
Thomas YT Lam
Annie ON Chan
Carmen KM Chan
Eagle SH Chu
Katherine YY Kwan
Tina KT Lau
Pete CH Tse
- Endoscopy Centre
- Center for Liver Health
- Elucidation of the genetic and epigenetic basis of major gastrointestinal (GI) cancers (i.e. gastric, colorectal and liver cancers) and functional validation of key molecular abnormalities
- Molecular characterization of fecal microbiota in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and colorectal cancer
- Identification and large-cohort validation of new diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for GI cancers
- Identification of novel therapeutic targets and development of new molecular therapies for GI cancers
- Clinical trials for viral hepatitis B and C treatment
- Development of non-invasive tests for diagnosis and prognostication of liver diseases
- Study of ketamine-induced liver injury
- Development of novel endoscopic techniques for GI cancer screening and treatment
- Epidemiological and epigenomics studies of inflammatory bowel diseases
- Evaluation of the functional role of autophagy in digestive diseases
- Biomarkers of functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Ng SC, Shi HY, Hamidi N, Underwood FE, Tang W, Benchimol EI, Panaccione R, Ghosh S, Wu JCY, Chan FKL, Sung JJY, Kaplan GG. Worldwide incidence and prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease in the 21st century: a systematic review of population-based studies. Lancet 2018;390:2769-2778.
- Kyaw MH, Otani K, Ching JYL, Higashimori A, Kee KM, Watanabe T, Tse YK, Lee V, Tanigawa T, Cheong PK, Suen BY, Fujiwara Y, Lam K, Arakawa T, Chan FKL. Misoprostol Heals Small Bowel Ulcers in Aspirin Users With Small Bowel Bleeding. Gastroenterology 2018;155:1090-1097.
- Kwong TNY, Wang X, Nakatsu G, Chow TC, Tipoe T, Dai RZW, Tsoi KKK, Wong MCS, Tse G, Chan MTV, Chan FKL, Ng SC, Wu JCY, Wu WKK, Yu J, Sung JJY, Wong SH. Association Between Bacteremia From Specific Microbes and Subsequent Diagnosis of Colorectal Cancer. Gastroenterology 2018;155:383-390.
- Nakatsu G, Zhou H, Wu WKK, Wong SH, Coker OO, Dai Z, Li X, Szeto CH, Sugimura N, Lam TY, Yu AC, Wang X, Chen Z, Wong MC, Ng SC, Chan MTV, Chan PKS, Chan FKL, Sung JJ, Yu J. Alterations in Enteric Virome Are Associated With Colorectal Cancer and Survival Outcomes. Gastroenterology 2018;155:529-541.
- Wong GL, Chan HL, Tse YK, Yip TC, Lam KL, Lui GC, Wong VW. Normal on-treatment ALT during antiviral treatment is associated with a lower risk of hepatic events in patients with chronic hepatitis B. J Hepatol 2018;69:793-802.
- Chan FKL, Ching JYL, Tse YK, Lam K, Wong GLH, Ng SC, Lee V, Au KWL, Cheong PK, Suen BY, Chan H, Kee KM, Lo A, Wong VWS, Wu JCY, Kyaw MH. Gastrointestinal safety of celecoxib versus naproxen in patients with cardiothrombotic diseases and arthritis after upper gastrointestinal bleeding (CONCERN): an industry-independent, double-blind, double-dummy, randomised trial. Lancet 2017;389:2375-2382.
- Wong SH, Zhao L, Zhang X, Nakatsu G, Han J, Xu W, Xiao X, Kwong TNY, Tsoi H, Wu WKK, Zeng B, Chan FKL, Sung JJY, Wei H, Yu J. Gavage of Fecal Samples From Patients With Colorectal Cancer Promotes Intestinal Carcinogenesis in Germ-Free and Conventional Mice. Gastroenterology 2017;153:1621-1633.
- Chan FK, Kyaw M, Tanigawa T, Higuchi K, Fujimoto K, Cheong PK, Lee V, Kinoshita Y, Naito Y, Watanabe T, Ching JY, Lam K, Lo A, Chan H, Lui R, Tang RS, Sakata Y, Tse YK, Takeuchi T, Handa O, Nebiki H, Wu JC, Abe T, Mishiro T, Ng SC, Arakawa T. Similar Efficacy of Proton-Pump Inhibitors vs H2-Receptor Antagonists in Reducing Risk of Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding or Ulcers in High-Risk Users of Low-Dose Aspirin. Gastroenterology 2017;152:105-110.
- Chan HL, Fung S, Seto WK, Chuang WL, Chen CY, Kim HJ, Hui AJ, Janssen HL, Chowdhury A, Tsang TY, Mehta R, Gane E, Flaherty JF, Massetto B, Gaggar A, Kitrinos KM, Lin L, Subramanian GM, McHutchison JG, Lim YS, Acharya SK, Agarwal K; GS-US-320-0110 Investigators. Tenofovir alafenamide versus tenofovir disoproxil fumarate for the treatment of HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B virus infection: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3, non-inferiority trial. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol 2016;1:185-195.
- Kwok R, Choi KC, Wong GL, Zhang Y, Chan HL, Luk AO, Shu SS, Chan AW, Yeung MW, Chan JC, Kong AP, Wong VW. Screening diabetic patients for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease with controlled attenuation parameter and liver stiffness measurements: a prospective cohort study. Gut 2016;65:1359-68.