Division of Endocrinology & Diabetes
|Head of Division||(Academic Affairs) Prof. Ronald CW Ma, Professor
(Clinical Service) Dr. Risa Ozaki, Consultant
|Academic Staff and Clinical Staff||Prof. Juliana CN Chan, Professor of Medicine
Prof. Alice PS Kong, Professor
Prof. Andrea OY Luk, Associate Professor
Dr. Francis CC Chow, Consultant
Dr. Wing-Yee So, Consultant
Dr. Gary TC Ko, Senior Medical Officer
Dr. Winnie WY Lau, Associate Consultant
Dr. Vanessa WS Ng, Associate Consultant
Dr. Kitty KT Cheung, Associate Consultant
Dr. Doris T Chan, Resident Specialist
Dr. Tiffany TL Yau, Resident
Tracy LY Cheng
Emmi MY Chik
Cherry KP Chiu
Ada WY Chong
Harriet HY Chung
Steve WM Ho
Lana NC Lam
Cindy WC Lui
Tammy TY So
Jennifer YS Tiu
Lindy LT Wong
Rebecca YM Wong
Theresa HM Yeung
Cindy SY Yuen
Daphne YS Cheung
Amy WC Fu
Dr. Guozhi Jiang
Edith CY Kwok
Dr. Ju Luou
Claudia HT Tam
Molly ML Tsang
|Administrative Staff||Charmaine SM Lee|
- Prince of Wales Hospital Diabetes Mellitus and Endocrine Centre
- CUHK Diabetes and Endocrine Research Centre
- Yao Chung Kit Diabetes Risk Assessment Centre
- Genetics, genomics, bioinformatics and system biology of diabetes and associated complications
- Epidemiology and clinical outcomes of diabetes including cost-effectiveness of treatments and care models
- Clinical trials and translational research including care models and innovative therapies in diabetes and obesity
- Disease mechanisms and drug discoveries including scientific evaluation of Chinese medicine, beta/stem cell biology and use of plant bioreacters to generate novel compounds in diabetes, obesity and cancer
- Kong AP, Yang X, Ko GT, So WY, Chan WB, Ma RC, Ng VW, Chow CC, Cockram CS, Tong PC, Wong V, Chan JC. Effects of treatment targets on subsequent cardiovascular events in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2007;30:953-9.
- Ma RC, So WY, Yang X, Yu LW, Kong AP, Ko GT, Chow CC, Cockram CS, Chan JC, Tong PC. Erectile dysfunction predicts coronary heart disease in type 2 diabetes. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2008;51:2045-50.
- So WY, Wang Y, Ng MC, Yang X, Ma RC, Lam V, Kong AP, Tong PC, Chan JC. Aldose reductase genotypes and cardio-renal complications - A 8-year prospective analysis of 1074 type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care 2008;31:2148-2153.
- Luk AO, So WY, Ma RC, Kong AP, Ozaki R, Ng VS, Yu LW, Lau WW, Yang X, Chow FC, Chan JC, Tong PC. Metabolic syndrome predicts new onset of chronic kidney disease in 5,829 patients with type 2 diabetes: A 5-year prospective analysis of the Hong Kong diabetes registry. Diabetes Care 2008;31:2357-61.
- Tam CH, Ma RC, So WY, Wang Y, Lam VK, Germer S, Martin M, Chan JC, Ng MC. Interaction effect of genetic polymorphisms in glucokinase (GCK) and glucokinase regulatory protein (GCKR) on metabolic traits in healthy Chinese adults and adolescents. Diabetes 2008; 58; 765-9.
- Ng MC, Park KS, Oh B, Tam CH, Cho YM, Shin HD, Lam VK, Ma RC, So WY, Cho YS, Kim HL, Lee HK, Chan JC, Cho NH. Implication of genetic variants near TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2 and FTO in type 2 diabetes and obesity in 6719 Asians. Diabetes 2008;57:2226-2233.
- Chan JC, So WY, Yeung CY, Ko GTC, Lau IT, Tsang MW, Lau KP, Siu SC, Li JKY, Yeung VTF, Leung WYS, Tong PCY. The SURE study: Effects of structured versus usual care on renal endpoint in type 2 diabetes: A randomized multi-centre translational study. Diabetes Care 2009; 32: 977-82.
- Ma RC, Tam CH, Wang Y, Luk AO, Hu C, Yang X, Lam V, Chan AW, Ho JS, Chow CC, Tong PC, Jia W, Ng MC, So WY, Chan JC. Genetic variants of the protein kinase C-beta 1 gene and development of end-stage renal disease in patients with type 2 diabetes. JAMA. 2010 ;304:881-9.
- Lam VK, Ma RC, Lee HM, Hu C, Park KS, Furuta H, Wang Y, Tam CH, Sim X, Ng DP, Liu J, Wong TY, Tai ES, Morris AP; DIAGRAM Consortium, Tang NL, Woo J, Leung PC, Kong AP, Ozaki R, Jia WP, Lee HK, Nanjo K, Xu G, Ng MC, So WY, Chan JC. Genetic associations of type 2 diabetes with islet amyloid polypeptide processing and degrading pathways in Asian populations. PLoS One. 2013 ;8:e62378.
- Ma RC, Hu C, Tam CH, Zhang R, Kwan P, Leung TF, Thomas GN, Go MJ, Hara K, Sim X, Ho JS, Wang C, Li H, Lu L, Wang Y, Li JW, Wang Y, Lam VK, Wang J, Yu W, Kim YJ, Ng DP, Fujita H, Panoutsopoulou K, Day-Williams AG, Lee HM, Ng AC, Fang YJ, Kong AP, Jiang F, Ma X, Hou X, Tang S, Lu J, Yamauchi T, Tsui SK, Woo J, Leung PC, Zhang X, Tang NL, Sy HY, Liu J, Wong TY, Lee JY, Maeda S, Xu G, Cherny SS, Chan TF, Ng MC, Xiang K, Morris AP; DIAGRAM Consortium, Keildson S; MuTHER Consortium, Hu R, Ji L, Lin X, Cho YS, Kadowaki T, Tai ES, Zeggini E, McCarthy MI, Hon KL, Baum L, Tomlinson B, So WY, Bao Y, Chan JC, Jia W. Genome-wide association study in a Chinese population identifies a susceptibility locus for type 2 diabetes at 7q32 near PAX4. Diabetologia. 2013;56:1291-305.
- Kong AP, Xu G, Brown N, So WY, Ma RC, Chan JC. Diabetes and its comorbidities-where East meets West. Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2013 ;9:537-47.