Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
|Head of Division||Prof. Vincent WS Wong, Professor|
|Academic Staff and Clinical Staff||Prof. Joseph JY Sung, Mok Hing Yiu Professor of Medicine|
Prof. Francis KL Chan, Professor of Medicine and Dean
Prof. Henry LY Chan, Professor
Prof. Siew-Chien Ng, Professor
Prof. Grace LH Wong, Professor
Prof. Justin CY Wu, Professor
Prof. Jun Yu, Professor
Prof. Sunny H Wong, Assistant Professor
|Nursing Staff||Angel ML Chim
Jessica YL Ching
Thomas YT Lam
Annie ON Chan
Carmen KM Chan
Eagle SH Chu
Katherine YY Kwan
Camey WM Lai
Tina KT Lau
Pete CH Tse
- Endoscopy Centre
- Center for Liver Health
- Elucidation of the genetic and epigenetic basis of major gastrointestinal (GI) cancers (i.e. gastric, colorectal and liver cancers) and functional validation of key molecular abnormalities
- Molecular characterization of fecal microbiota in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and colorectal cancer
- Identification and large-cohort validation of new diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for GI cancers
- Identification of novel therapeutic targets and development of new molecular therapies for GI cancers
- Clinical trials for viral hepatitis B and C treatment
- Development of non-invasive tests for diagnosis and prognostication of liver diseases
- Study of ketamine-induced liver injury
- Development of novel endoscopic techniques for GI cancer screening and treatment
- Epidemiological and epigenomics studies of inflammatory bowel diseases
- Evaluation of the functional role of autophagy in digestive diseases
- Biomarkers of functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Wong GL, Chan HL, Chan HY, Tse PC, Tse YK, Mak CW, Lee SK, Ip ZM, Lam AT, Iu HW, Leung JM, Wong VW. Accuracy of risk scores for patients with chronic hepatitis B receiving entecavir treatment. Gastroenterology. 2013 May;144(5):933-44.
- Chan FK, Ching JY, Suen BY, Tse YK, Wu JC, Sung JJ. Effects of Helicobacter pylori infection on long-term risk of peptic ulcer bleeding in low-dose aspirin users. Gastroenterology. 2013 Mar;144(3):528-35.
- Ng SC, Lau JY, Chan FK, Suen BY, Leung WK, Tse YK, Ng SS, Lee JF, To KF, Wu JC, Sung JJ. Increased risk of advanced neoplasms among asymptomatic siblings of patients with colorectal cancer. Gastroenterology. 2013 Mar;144(3):544-50.
- Cheng AS, Li MS, Kang W, Cheng VY, Chou JL, Lau SS, Go MY, Lee CC, Ling TK, Ng EK, Yu J, Huang TH, To KF, Chan MW, Sung JJ, Chan FK. Helicobacter pylori causes epigenetic dysregulation of FOXD3 to promote gastric carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2013 Jan;144(1):122-133.
- Wang S, Cheng Y, Du W, Lu L, Zhou L, Wang H, Kang W, Li X, Tao Q, Sung JJ, Yu J. Zinc-finger protein 545 is a novel tumour suppressor that acts by inhibiting ribosomal RNA transcription in gastric cancer. Gut. 2013 Jun;62(6):833-41.
- Wu CW, Ng SS, Dong YJ, Ng SC, Leung WW, Lee CW, Wong YN, Chan FK, Yu J, Sung JJ. Detection of miR-92a and miR-21 in stool samples as potential screening biomarkers for colorectal cancer and polyps. Gut. 2012 May;61(5):739-45.
- Wong VW, Chu WC, Wong GL, Chan RS, Chim AM, Ong A, Yeung DK, Yiu KK, Chu SH, Woo J, Chan FK, Chan HL. Prevalence of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and advanced fibrosis in Hong Kong Chinese: a population study using proton-magnetic resonance spectroscopy and transient elastography. Gut. 2012 Mar;61(3):409-15.
- Feng H, Cheng AS, Tsang DP, Li MS, Go MY, Cheung YS, Zhao GJ, Ng SS, Lin MC, Yu J, Lai PB, To KF, Sung JJ. Cell cycle-related kinase is a direct androgen receptor-regulated gene that drives β-catenin/T cell factor-dependent hepatocarcinogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2011 Aug;121(8):3159-75.
- Sung JJ, Chan FK, Chen M, Ching JY, Ho KY, Kachintorn U, Kim N, Lau JY, Menon J, Rani AA, Reddy N, Sollano J, Sugano K, Tsoi KK, Wu CY, Yeomans N, Vakil N, Goh KL; Asia-Pacific Working Group. Asia-Pacific Working Group consensus on non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Gut. 2011 Sep;60(9):1170-7.
- Chan HL, Wong VW, Wong GL, Tse CH, Chan HY, Sung JJ. A longitudinal study on the natural history of serum hepatitis B surface antigen changes in chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2010 Oct;52(4):1232-41.