Division of Clinical Pharmacology
|Head of Division||Prof. Juliana CN Chan, Professor of Medicine|
Prof. Juliana CN Chan, Professor of Medicine
Prof. Brian Tomlinson, Adjunct Professor
Dr. Elaine YK Chow, Clinical Lecturer
|Research Academic Staff||Dr. Teresa M Hu, Research Assistant Professor|
|Technician/Research Staff||Dr. Tanya TW Chu
Dr. Benny SP Fok
Emily WM Poon
Evelyn YM Chau
Eliza CY Choy
Sven YW Ip
Karen SY Wong
Winnie MN Yeung
|Postgraduate Student||Lydia W Zeng|
|Administrative Staff||Charmaine SM Lee
Theresa FP Leung
- Drug and Poisons Information Bureau
- Poisons Treatment Centre
- Centre for Food and Drug Safety
- Clinical Pharmacology Studies Unit
- Pharmacogenetics, pharmacogenomics and ethnic differences in the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of western medicines and their therapeutic use in patients with the metabolic syndrome or its components
- Clinical trials and toxicology of western and Chinese traditional medicines
- Food and drug safety
- Clinical toxicology of drugs, chemicals and natural toxins
- Gene-gene and gene-environmental interactions in the pathogenesis of hypertension, dyslipidaemia, obesity and the metabolic syndrome in Chinese
- Quality assurance of the delivery of pharmaceutical care and its cost-effectiveness
- Clinical pharmacy with particular emphasis on drug utilisation surveys and the pharmacist's role in the promotion of evidence-based medicine
- Thomas GN, Tomlinson B, Abdullah AS, Yeung VT, Chan JC, Wong KS. Association of erectile dysfunction with cardiovascular risk factors and increasing existing vascular disease in male Chinese Type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care 2005;28(8):2051-3.
- Fang YJ, Thomas GN, Xu ZL, Fang JQ, Critchley JA, Tomlinson B. An affected pedigree member analysis of linkage between the dopamine D2 receptor gene TaqI polymorphism and obesity and hypertension. International Journal of Cardiology 2005;102(1):111-6.
- Chan TY, Tam HP, Lai CK, Chan AY. A multidisciplinary approach to the toxicologic problems associated with the use of herbal medicines. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring 2005;27(1):53-7.
- Chan FW, Wong RS, Lau WH, Chan TY, Cheng G, You JH. Management of Chinese patients on warfarin therapy in two models of anticoagulation service - A prospective randomized trial. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2006;62(5):601-9.
- Wu JY, Leung WY, Chang S, Lee B, Zee B, Tong PC, Chan JC. Effectiveness of telephone counselling by a pharmacist in reducing mortality in patients receiving polypharmacy: Randomised controlled trial. British Medical Journal 2006;333(7567):522.
- Tomlinson B, Thomas NG, Lan IW, Barbanoj M, Antonijoan RM, Drazna E, Ramis J, Obach R, Peraire C. Pharmacokinetic profile of the somatostatin analogue lanreotide in individuals with chronic hepatic insufficiency. Clinical Pharmacokinetics 2006;45(10):1003-11.
- Ng MC, Baum L, So WY, Lam VK, Wang Y, Poon E, Tomlinson B, Cheng S, Lindpaintner K, Chan JC. Association of lipoprotein lipase S447X, apolipoprotein E exon 4, and apoC3 -455T>C polymorphisms on the susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy. Clinical Genetics 2006; 70(1):20-8.
- Tomlinson B, Hu M, Lee VWY. In vivo assessment of herb-drug interactions: Possible utility of a pharmacogenetic approach? Molecular Nutrition & Food Research 2008;52(7):799-809.
- Wang ZJ, Yin OQ, Tomlinson B, Chow MS. OCT2 polymorphisms and in-vivo renal functional consequence: Studies with metformin and cimetidine. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics 2008;18(7):637-45.
- Chan JC, Sott R, Arjona Ferreira JC, Sheng D, Gonzalez E, Davies MJ, Stein PP, Kaufman KD, Amatrude JM, Williams-Herman D. Safety and efficacy of sitagliptin in patients with Type 2 diabetes and chronic renal insufficiency. Diabetes, Obesity & Metabolism 2008;10(7):545-55.